Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Yarrow Fenn - Heroine of "In Sheep's Clothing"


The only thing we needed to connect our story to A Bouquet of Brides collection was a woman named after a flower. My heroine is Yarrow Fenn. Yarrow is a wildflower often used for dyeing fabric. How perfect since Yarrow Fenn is both a spinner and a weaver. To carry it a little further, her sisters are named Pennyroyal and Marigold. Their mother named them after pretty and useful flowering plants. Yarrow continues the tradition by naming her orphan lamb Meadowsweet.

Yarrow is a spinster in more than one sense of the word. She’s unmarried at the ripe old age of four and twenty. Independent and resourceful, she means to make her own way in Colonial Connecticut Colony. She’s not unhappy living in her childhood home with her younger sister and her husband, but she dreams of a little ca
bin of her own. The problem is, she needs a steady source of income at a time when women—respectable women—married and relied on their husbands to provide. Yarrow gives in to temptation and involves herself in a scheme that is not exactly all above board, shall we say. You’ll have to read the book to find out what she does.

To celebrate the release of A Bouquet of Brides collection and my story, In Sheep’s Clothing, I’m giving away one of my signature shawls. To enter, subscribe to my newsletter. I’ll be drawing for The Meadowsweet Shawl at the end of January.




Pegg Thomas lives on a hobby farm in Northern Michigan with Michael, her husband of *mumble* years. A life-long history geek, she writes “History with a Touch of Humor.” When not working or writing, Pegg can be found in her barn, her garden, her kitchen, or sitting at her spinning wheel creating yarn to turn into her signature wool shawls.







Kathy's tribute to Pegg Thomas
Of all the authors in A Bouquet of Brides collection, Pegg Thomas is the only one I haven't really had much contact with. We're both in American Christian Fiction Writers, so I only know her from online sources. I didn't realize what a dynamo she is and what an asset to have on your marketing team. She's the one who suggested these series of blog articles, and I gotta say, I'm having a blast with them. I'm happy to be partnering with you, Pegg, and hopefully we can do this again!

2 comments:

Pegg Thomas said...

Thanks for having me on your blog today!

Kathy Kovach... said...

You're welcome! I'm reading the entire book now and can't wait to get to yours.