Wednesday, August 22, 2018

New Article on Craft Cinema - LION

I've just posted a new article on my other blog, CraftCinema.blogspot.com. Craft Cinema is dedicated to the discussion of movies as they relate to the craft of fiction. If you're a writer please check it out. Or, if you don't write but are fascinated with the process, this is the place for you. I discover new things, or review things I've already learned on there. Come have fun with me! I'll bring the popcorn! 

I admit, I usually avoid any movie the Oscars or Golden Globes deem as worthy to watch. They are usually artsy films that go over my head or platforms that go against my beliefs. Most of the time they simply aren’t my cup of tea. Lion (2016) won accolades from these organizations as well as many other awards. But somehow, I was intrigued enough to put it on my Netflix list. When it made it to the top, I decided to let it ride. It came into my home via the little red envelope and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. Yes, I’m going to buy it for my library because it’s just that good. (Don’t tell Oscar. I wouldn’t want him snickering at me.) . . . Read more



No comments: