Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Upcoming Speaking Schedule

maybe7 As if I don’t talk enough at home, now I’m speaking in public. Please join me for these 2012 events:

 

  • A Day of Romance – Intimate Conversations With Romance Writers
    • February 11, 12:00 to 6:00 pm (This encompasses all three sessions. Mine will be 1:00 – 2:00)
    • I will be on a panel with other authors. My particular session is titled “Why Romance?” Bring your questions about romance in novels, and learn why romance is inherently important to any storyline.
    • Located at the Penrose Library in Colorado Springs, (20 N. Cascade 80904), Carnegie Reading Room. Here’s a map to the event.
    • Click here for further details.
  • Colorado Christian Writers Conference (CCWC)
    • I am team teaching with my friend, Paula Moldenhauer.
    • Wednesday, May16, 1:00 – 2:00 “Calling All Heroes (and Heroines)”.  What takes a romance from "how sweet" to something more that keeps readers thinking about your story? Contrary to popular belief romance isn't (only) about chemistry and passionate kisses. Give more "buy-in" to your romance by creating heroes and heroines who call forth the true self in their beloved. (Note: There is an extra cost for this above conference fees as it is an Early Bird workshop.)
    • Friday, May 18, 2:15 – 3:15 “Framing a Solid Structure”.  How to use tried and true methods such as GMC and Plot Skeleton and employ the Hero’s Journey.
    • Located at the YMCA, Estes Park, Colorado.
    • Click here for further details.

No comments: