Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo


Chances are, if you're reading this and you're a writer, you know what NaNoWriMo is. But if you're not a writer, let me enlighten you. (Those writers who don't have a clue can pretend to be readers. It's okay.)

National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, is a contest of sorts, where the prize is a 50K word manuscript, unedited, an probably totally not ready for an editor's eye. The point is to write those 50,000 words (that looks even worse with all those zeros, doesn't it?) all in the month of November. Scads of people participate, and it's fun. Really.

The point is to turn off your inner editor and just write. Why do writers have a problem with that? Let me get a guest psychiatrist to blog an article for me. Stay tuned.

This year, I'm going to attempt to write an entire Heartsong Presents novel in one month. The timing couldn't be better. It's due in two months. Playtime is over boys and girls. Kathy must superglue her butt to the office chair and create a work of genius...or at least a work that makes some sense.

Can I do it? Not unless I stop blogging!

See you next month!


No comments: