Friday, June 20, 2008

Craft Cinema


I'm excited to announce a new blog that I'm hosting with my pals in the ACFW Rocky Mountain Zone. Craft Cinema is a place to discuss movies through the craft of fiction. We will watch a movie a month, either at home at your leisure, or plan to join us if you're in the Denver or Colorado Springs area on the third Saturday of the month. Then, we will discuss the movie on the Craft Cinema blog beginning on the fourth Monday until we've exhausted the subject. The beginning of the month, I'll post a new movie for us to watch.


Our June Movie Madness Feature Presentation is Galaxy Quest starring Tim Allen. We will discuss the Hero's Journey and how it relates to the Character Arc.


This will be good stuff, folks! I've found I can learn better visually, and what better way to do that than through watching a good movie. And the perk, of course, is getting to hang out with your friends, either in person or in Cyberville.


Pass the popcorn, and join us on June 23 at Craft Cinema!
And here's a PS: Notice that I've added a way to subscribe to this blog. Scroll to the bottom of the text on the right and enter your email address. That way, you'll never miss a post on my blog! You can subscribe to Craft Cinema over on that blog, too!

No comments: